News Portal for Renewal Energy
02.11.2006 » Pressrelease » Wind Energy
WPD receives Ernst & Young Global Renewable Energy Award
-2006- Entrepreneurial Developer of the Year
Bremen, 26. September 2006.
Yesterday, the Bremen based WPD AG received the Euromoney/Ernst & Young Global Renewable Energy Award in London (in the category Developer of the year). The statement of the jury was: "WPD is successfully active in the segment of renewable energies since 10 years and has a disproportionately high growth in relation to other companies in this sector. Besides the investment volume of more than EUR 1.4, the activities in the offshore segment are also to point out. "We are very delighted to receive the Entrepreneurial Developer of the Year Award 2006. Operating more than 1,400 MW wind energy and other RE-Sources mainly in Germany WPD’s international business is growing rapidly both in Europe and beyond Europe ", Bogislaw von Langenn-Steinkeller (CEO WPD) announced. As Germany’s biggest offshore wind developer WPD received just recently all necessary permissions for the first projects in the Baltic Sea. While Renewable Energy is becoming more and more a worldwide movement it is WPD’s dedication to intensify the international development. We thank all who are involved in the success of the company", von Langenn-Steinkeller says.
- Construction and financing of more than 80 wind farms with a total rated power in excess of 900 MW. In connection therewith, investments more than EUR 1,2 billion were successfully raised and syndicated.
- Germany’s leading developer and syndication house for wind farms since 2001 - Equity raised: EUR 300 million.
- Commercial and technical management of more than 110 wind farms with 1.400 MW.
- Development of and sponsorship in international windfarms and photovoltaic-projects.
- Developer and IPP
- Development of offshore windfarms in Germany and Sweden.
- "A" rated by Euler Hermes GmbH (Allianz group).
- Headquartered in Bremen, offices in Magdeburg, London and Stockholm.
- Staff of 100.
Director of PR & Governmental Affairs
Phone: +49 (0) 421 - 168 66 25